Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dear Jackson,

Today you are two. I simply can't beleive the time has passed and you are steps closer to becoming a big boy.

You are my sweet little baby. You give the best hugs, the sweetest kisses, and the nicest pats on the back. You laugh like every thing in the world is hilarious, and once in a while I can hear those familiar "baby sounds" when you are eating, sleeping, or just simply crying.

You are my charming big boy. Your words are blossoming every day, and all your important words end with an "eeeeeeeeeeeeeee" that travels up at the end. It's so funny. You are smitten with your "mama" and adore your "dada." You love "noons" and "booooats." Kole is your favorite person. You adore the kitties and you are borderline abusive to the dog.

You like to spin, jump, and run. You are not a good dancer. You are brave and adventureous. You certainly know what you like in life, and what you don't. You hate button-up shirts but adore your sweatshirts. Your love for animals is endearing and you hardly play with your toys.

I often think to myself that if I could just keep you at one age for a long time, I would. But the problem is that when I try to think of what stage I would keep you at, I can't decide. Each stage is getting better than the last, and I can't even imagine the joy you will bring in the upcoming years.

You were the simplest, easiest baby. You smelled like vanilla and you were so good to me. You never made me doubt myself as a mother, everything came so easy to the both of us and you never gave me a hard time.

You were the cutest toddler. You were so endearing, and every time you met a stranger, they fell for you. You never struggled and were pretty easygoing. The world adores you, and you know it.

And now you are a charming little boy. I can't imagine a second without you. You have given me meaning and purpose to my life and I take every breath for you. You are a gift and an angel and sometimes a little devil.

I love every.single.thing.about.you.






one day old


one year old


two years old!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter! Makes me want to go hug my girl, but she's napping and I know better than to wake her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you would make a great mama. I heart you!

    ReplyDelete